Last Revised: March 39, 2021
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
How We Collect Information About You. We may collect personal information about you, meaning information that can uniquely identify you, from various sources, including: directly from you when you use the Services, such as when you subscribe to a newsletter or fill out a form; social networks through which you may interact with us; our service providers and other third parties; and automatically when you use the Services.
Information We May Collect. The personal information we collect about you may include, without limitation, your name, clinic name, email address, and phone number.
Automatic Collection. In addition, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. We may also use third-party analytics tools (such as Google Analytics) that collect information about the use of the Services and user traffic. We have implemented Remarketing with Google AdWords, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, and Demographics and Interests Reporting. The information we collect by automatic means may include, without limitation: IP address, the type of device, operating system, web browser, dates and time of use of the Services, and website navigation patterns. The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information. It helps us to improve and personalize our Services, including by enabling us to identify and authenticate users.
Your Choices. If you wish to adjust your cookies settings, most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all the features of the Services. You may also opt out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you on our website by Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Google’s advertising guidelines can be found at https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=e.
- HOW WE RESPOND TO DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use information we obtain about you to:
- Process orders you place and complete other transactions you have requested using the Services, and provide you with products and services you request;
- Send you information or materials you request;
- Provide lead information to clinics and clients in order to contact leads regarding medical services;
- Communicate with you about our products, services, offers, and promotions;
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business and the products and services we offer;
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies;
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding use of the Services and transactions conducted using the Services;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
- Enforce our Terms of Service [https://www.betoplocal.com/terms-conditions/] and other agreements; and
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards.
We may combine the information we collect with information we receive from third parties and use that combined information to enhance and personalize your experience with our Services. We may also use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
- DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual user, without restriction. We may disclose personal information about you:
- To service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service [https://www.betoplocal.com/terms-conditions/] and other agreements;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, property, or safety of users of the Services or others; and
- With your consent.
- DATA SECURITY
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by authorized individuals who are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers. We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. Please note that the electronic transmission of information is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that such measures will always be sufficient or effective. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Services who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us.
- CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18
The Services are not directed to, and we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from, children under the age of 18. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 18, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 18, please contact us.
- DATA TRANSFERS
We are based in the United States. When we obtain information about you, we may transfer, process, and store such information outside of the country in which you reside, including in the United States. By using the Services, you consent to the transfer to and processing and storage of your information in countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different data protection laws than those in the country where you reside.
- CONTACT US
- PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION UNDER HIPAA